question

Robert M.O. Seidel avatar image
Robert M.O. Seidel asked

No second AC out on Multiplus 24/3000/70/16

I just had to find out that I had installed a Multiplus 24/3000/70/16 at a customer that had no second exit. I did not pay attention because it was not a topic so far. Now my question. How long has there been a second exit on this model? I suspected that the dealer had turned on an old model to me. Is it possible that it's a demo model or something?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerac out 2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I never saw a MultiPlus 3000VA (or more) without the 2nd AC OUT.
Do you have some pictures?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Robert M.O. Seidel avatar image
Robert M.O. Seidel answered ·

mp-yaka.jpg (60.3 KiB)
11 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Do you have/can you make a picture without the front plate?

0 Likes 0 ·
Robert M.O. Seidel avatar image Robert M.O. Seidel Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Yes tomorrow. What is also interesting is that it is in the
remote control does not have a second output.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Robert M.O. Seidel commented ·

That is normal, AC OUT2 is not shown there.

But what I just noticed at the picture above is that the schematic on the front plate (next to the charger LEDs) is no AC OUT 2...

Also take a look at the serial number, should be on a sticker inside on the left or right side.

0 Likes 0 ·
Robert M.O. Seidel avatar image Robert M.O. Seidel Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Yes i now. ;-) Will see the serial number tomorow.

0 Likes 0 ·

@Matthias Lange - Service Team Döbeln DE. The pics from inside and serial nr.

0 Likes 0 ·
mp-conections.jpg (3.0 MiB)
mp-serialnr.jpg (2.4 MiB)
mp-inside1.jpg (3.4 MiB)
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Robert M.O. Seidel commented ·

That is normal, I can see the ACout2 connection in your images. ACout1 and ACout2 share a common neutral connection in that model which makes it a bit harder to see.

You can see a clearer picture of the Line for ACOut2 here:

The screen printing on the front missing the output is a mistake though.

0 Likes 0 ·
Robert M.O. Seidel avatar image Robert M.O. Seidel Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Now I have, more specifically the customer, reconnected the Multiplus to the Shore Power, hoping that output 2 will activate. Unfortunately this is not the case. I control via VRM - Remote controll. See pic

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Robert M.O. Seidel commented ·

@Ship Tyr, as already described by @Matthias Lange, that screen never displays the status of the ACout2.

It displays AC-Out L1 - which is phase 1 of ACout.

ACout2 is not measured independently. The status of the internal relay that controls whether ACout2 is active or not is not displayed on the GX device.

From the picture of inside the multi above, there is no wiring connected to the ACout2 terminal of your MultiPlus. But the connection is there, waiting to be connected by you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Robert M.O. Seidel avatar image Robert M.O. Seidel Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

OK. we will measure output 2, now after more than two minutes on the shore power.

0 Likes 0 ·

We have now measured the second output and it works. The whole excitement was probably only about the wrongly printed cover plate. Please excuse me. So I can now take care of the actual question. phuuu.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks for the conclusion, good to hear!

Yes, that cover plate misprint doesn't help make things clearer.

0 Likes 0 ·