question

chaverim avatar image
chaverim asked

MPPT 75/15 wont update firmware

I show two different updates available for my controller. Whenever I try to update, I just got a blank screen in the app. I have tried on multiple devices and I cannot get anywhere. Does anyone have any idea how to get an update to actually start?

firmware update
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Hi @Chaverim, How are you connecting to the device?

It may be that your internet connection is not great.

0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
chaverim avatar image
chaverim answered ·

I can connect to the device ok and see the stats and such. I will try with cellular instead of WiFi but all my other WiFi devices out there work just fine.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chaverim avatar image
chaverim answered ·

Tried everything I could think of and it still won’t work. Just a blank screen in the app that says firmware at the top

2 |3000

Will avatar image
Will answered ·

Not sure this will solve your issue exactly, but when there are updates for my controller or BMV, it automatically forces me to install the update before I can continue. So the process is automatic sort of. Is this what is happening for you or are you somehow manually trying to update?

2 |3000

chaverim avatar image
chaverim answered ·

I have tried everything with uninstalling unpairing new devices and everything still the same. How do I get actual support from Victron?

2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Chaverim, this Community, while a great knowledge-base, is not Victron support; all support is handled directly by the worldwide network of authorized dealers and distributors, so the proper channel to go to for support on this device will be to contact the authorized dealer or distributor from whom you purchased the device, and they will offer either troubleshooting steps and/or start the RMA process for you if necessary.

2 |3000

chaverim avatar image
chaverim answered ·

I bought it through Amazon so there is nobody to call to get support. I’m all on my own trying to figure this out.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic