question

deichel avatar image
deichel asked

Venus GX Modbus TCP forwarding Solaredge PV production?

Hi !

I'm using openWB to charge my EV. Unfortunately the Solaredge PV inverter allows only one concurrent TCP connection.

That means if the GX device is talking to the Solaredge the communication to the openWB is blocked.

But I've seen in the Modbus TCP menu of the (Venus-)GX that there is an entry for the SE PV inverter. I checked so far the documentation of the GX but without success.

Can anybody explain me what this means? May be I can use it to retrieve the production of the SE via the GX device.

Thanks !

Dirk

Venus GX - VGXModbus TCPgx device
se7k-venus.png (25.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michaelvausr avatar image michaelvausr commented ·

Did you look at the ModBus TCP Register List? This is an Excel document with the register description

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
gnagflow avatar image
gnagflow answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

deichel avatar image
deichel answered ·

Thank you for both answers. With the Register list and the link I managed to retrieve the values!

The example in the forum did not work for me so I decided directly to use the mapped PV inverter data which is on ID 1029, 1033, 1037 with unit-id 20.

In python I was using:

#Solaredge PV watt

resp= client.read_holding_registers(1029,1,unit=20)

decoder = BinaryPayloadDecoder.fromRegisters(resp.registers,byteorder=Endian.Big,wordorder=Endian.Big)

bpv = str(decoder.decode_16bit_uint()*(-3))

f = open('/var/www/html/openWB/ramdisk/pvwatt', 'w')

f.write(str(bpv))

f.close()

To retreive the L1 power.

I cheat a little bit because I simply multiplied L1 by -3 instead of retreiving L1, L2, L3 the error should be neglectable. Of course for a three phase inverter.

Regards,

Dirk

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Modbus TCP Basics