question

harrison avatar image
harrison asked

First solar build

Hi,

Just about to start my first solar build on a motorhome conversion. After loads of research I think I’ve nailed it then I find another Victron product that might seem useful but more complex... I’d like to keep my install as simple as possible but totally safe and as efficient as possible.

I currently have 540w (2x270w)

Victron IP22 mains charger 12v 30a

SmartSolar 150v / 35a

Redarc bcdc1240d DC/DC charger (when travelling)

Cotek 12v 1500w inverter

Camper loads (fridge

300ah battery bank

Can I use the lynx power distribution as a common bus bar for all 12v chargers and loads and utilise the fuse inputs to protect the MPPT, Mains charger, dc/dc charger, inverter & loads?....

Or does the system need to start getting a lot more complex?

Thanks for any help,

Help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello Harrison, Yes you can do that. You can use this Lynx Power Distribution as a nice solution for your bus bar. Your installation will like good.

Regards, Rob

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Harrison

Victron used the Lynx in their own van install: https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2019/06/18/the-victron-van-install/

Follow the links for details. Bear in mind that it's a display unit with all the bells'n'whistles, so just remove the bits you don't need.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic