question

roelg avatar image
roelg asked

DC to AC inverter

Hi Everyone, for my solar project i'm using this solar charge contoller 75/15. To use my engergie of the battery's i would like to use a 24VDC to 230VAC 1000W inverter. Is it better to directly contect the inverter to the batteries or can i use the load clamps? Thanks in advance!

Help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Don't connect the inverter to the load output of the 75/15 - please don't do that!!
The inverter should connect directly to the 24V battery.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

roelg avatar image roelg commented ·

Can i connect a smaller inverter to the load output? I don't need a 1000W inverter. Could i connect a 400W Inverter? Thanks for the help so far!

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ roelg commented ·

Hi @RoelG,

400W is still too much. The load output max out at 15A (according to the spec. sheet), which at nominal voltage of 12V is about 180W for a resistive load.
Of course, you can connect a 400W inverter, but you have to make sure that your load does not exceed 180W.

Even if you connect a 180W inverter, it may be too much when you are using a inductive load, for example a motor with high inrush current.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes 0 ·
roelg avatar image roelg Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Stefanie,

I have a 24V system but you are right! It would be too much. I will probebly conect my inverter straight to my batterys. Thanks it helpt a lot!

GR

Roel

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic