question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.53~1 available for testing

Good morning!

Per just now a new version of Venus OS is available to test as a Release Candidate.

This will be a short cycle: first test version released just now, I expect another one later this week, and then when all is as it should be, official release next week.

Three changes:

• Fix bug affecting our new generation of VE.Can SmartSolar Chargers in systems with a CAN-bus BMS: the maximum charge current limit wasn't always sent properly to those devices when connected using a VE.Can network. When connected on VE.Direct, everything did and still does work properly. There is a related issue in the Solar charger firmware itself, for which we'll make a release shortly. The practical effect on most systems is small or even negligible, since all control of charging, also when a battery is full, is done using voltage limits. Not charge current limits.

With both fixes in places (this one, and the one in the VE.Can SmartSolar Charger firmware), the chargers will be autoconfigured to BMS-Controlled again, as they should be.

• Change handling of Sony aka Murata managed CAN-bus BMS batteries.
  • Minor bug fix: the Cerbo GX was not recognised in the VRM Portal. It showed "Generic Venus Device"; not any more.

All the best, stay safe in these weird times and I'll be monitoring the comments below for your findings.

Matthijs Vader

ps. If you don't know what this post is about: this is about our GX Product range (CCGX, Venus GX, Cerbo GX, and so forth). This message is for all the members of the Beta test group. Information on how to join (and leave) that group.

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

I noticed that all Tank- and Temperature sensors appear on the device list whether or not they are installed and configured.
A change in settings/i/o/Analog Inputs require a reboot to become visible in the device list.
Speaking of a Cerbo GX.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Stefanie, yes. is that new? I think its always been like that - not perfect I agree

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Matthijs, I really don't know. It's my first "real" GX device ;-)

But what I can say is that it's pretty random. Sometimes a change in Settings/Analog Inputs appears right away in the device list. Next time it does not. So yeah, not perfect.

ps. with 2.60~11 it works perfect.

Here is how it looks with all analog inputs active (two real temp sensors connected):

And this is how it looks after I deactivated analog inputs (except the two temp sensors). No reboot. Please also notice the change of names:

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Stefanie, ok good to know. There are lots of improvements related to temperature and tank input handling. Good to know it works well there. We're working on finishing up v2.60.

All the best, Matthijs

0 Likes 0 ·
philippe avatar image
philippe answered ·

@mvader (Victron Energy)

Dag Matthijs

Maybe the question has already been asked, but is (or will) it be possible that the Venus GX handles bluetooth (devices). I discover the release of the Gerbo GX, but I have made a major investment only 4 months ago ( the Venus, BMX712, ...) . So a bit expensive to change it. Normally it should be OK but as I have an Orion DC 24/12 that works only with the BT (and other devices goes also the path of BT such as MPPT, BMV,...), it will be handy collect data and monitor this at distance.

Best regards,

Philippe

3 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Philippe, maybe some day - but not any time soon. For now, bluetooth on the GX devices is only used for being able to configure the GX Device.

0 Likes 0 ·
philippe avatar image philippe mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) So to understand the whole picture, the BT functionality on the Gerbo is only to configure it from Victron Connect. It does not control/monitor the surrounding devices via the BT Smart technology, and by extension from remote console/VRM Portal?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ philippe commented ·

Correct .

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources