question

Koul Alim avatar image
Koul Alim asked

How do i connect Fronius Primo 8.2-1 with Victron Quattro 48/10000? Are there any available drawings?

How do i connect Fronius Primo 8.2-1 with Victron Quattro 48/10000? Are there any available drawings?

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)@Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerAC PV CouplingFroniuswiring diagram
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

There are two options. Install the fronius on the AC distribution on the INPUT side of the Quattro, so it only works in times there is AC input avaiable. Or have it connected on the AC out Acdistribution which means it works also in inverter mode. If doing so, make sure the PV assistsant ( which can throttle down the fronius when the battery is full) is installed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Further to @Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answer:

This single line diagram shows conceptually where it can go: 8679-screen-shot-2020-03-26-at-110859-pm.jpg

This one is my preferred location when off grid (and DC solar is not part of the system as well). As it means the loads will be disconnected before the inverter shuts down, and allows the system to automatically recover when the sun comes out again.

8684-screen-shot-2020-03-26-at-111035-pm.jpg

2 |3000