question

Timo Santala avatar image
Timo Santala asked

EasySolar 1600 24V and HalfCut panels, cell count

Tried to find some details about cell count on panels and EasySolars MPPT chargers MC4 connectors.

Are the three PV inputs on easysolar 1600 connected internally paraller or serial? Can I connect to each of them panel string that has max 100V voltage?

If I use Amerisolar AS-6M30-HC 330W panels, do I need to worry about cell count per panel? Im thinking of putting two AS panels in serial, and connecting to each EasySolars MC4 connector one string of max 85V strings. Voc @STC is just a bit over 40V. These panels have 120 cells per panel, so connected in serial theres going to be 240 cells per string, but the PV stays under 100V. How meaningful this cell count is?

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Timo Santala The cell count is not much of a concern. It is mostly the total VOC total per string. If you are under the voltage requiremnts for the mppt you are set. The mc4 connections are parallel connected on the solar charger.

Have you tried using the online calculator for mppts to check.

https://mppt.victronenergy.com/

In any case it sounds like you have it figured out.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.