question

pdjacobs avatar image
pdjacobs asked

Please Assit me with setting up Correct Assistant for my Multi2

Good day

Can someone please assist me to set up the correct Assistants in Ve Config

i have a multi2, mppt 250/100, ccgx, 240ahr agm 48v batterries for load shedding 2-3hrs at a time.

I am not fimiliar with all the assistants in ve confg.

my goal is to use all the sun i can (4300w pv) on my roof through day loads on ac out. and if heavy load comes allong i want the multi to use ac-in for heavier loads than sun can provide.

batteries must only be kept for backup and i dont want to export at all.

I have tried a few assistants but dont seem to be getting it right at all.

Assistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You will need a GX device (Venus OS can also be installed on a raspberry Pi)and the ESS assistant.
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:start

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pdjacobs avatar image
pdjacobs answered ·

Thank you for responce.

I do have a coulour controll. If i load the ess assistant i cant find the mppt to power the loads to my house wich os not much. I do have alot of pv.

The nearest i can get tobwhat i want is to load the hub1 assistant but it still exports the power. If i want to change the country code from South Africa to None it requires a password.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

You can set the grid set point to about 200w or so under ess on the ccgx this can prevent alot of the feedback. And still allow the multi to pull from the grid as needed.

The mppt needs a ve direct cable to the ccgx for control. The mppt will only produce what you need not its full potential all the time. So even if you have 4000w of panels if your load is 400w that is what it makes.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources