question

alnavasa avatar image
alnavasa asked

When is the Multiplus II 12V released?

Should we expect a multiplus II for 12V installations??

I'll need a multiplus for may, and I don't want to be buying old specs

(As I did buying. color control in November instead of the new Cerbo).

Il need the 3000VA version,

Also (it is for a boat) that currently has an old charger that I want to replace, and does have three outputs, the multiplus may have up to 2 outputs, right? I can always solve this with a cyrix

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi All, some day - yes. But when is too early to say.

See Community policy for a more detailed explanation - but basically we don’t give out any expected dates - those have been wrong in the pst to often. The only time a reliable expected date for a new product launch can be given is when its design an production ramp up has been completed.

It will be months minimum - but can also still take a year; or even longer.

all the best, Matthijs

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alnavasa avatar image alnavasa commented ·

Really need it for spring week next year, crossing fingers!

0 Likes 0 ·
ouk avatar image ouk commented ·

Thanks mvader. I was looking at options for inverters on my boat and was a bit disappointed not to see a 12V Multiplus II. I am really looking forward to seeing it released in the next few months. The zero load power is a significant factor for a boat!

0 Likes 0 ·
eirik avatar image
eirik answered ·

I am also interested in this. The power consumption at idle is more appealing and the form factor (size) is also better for where I plan to install it. Any news on this? Victron?

Thank you.

2 |3000

porcini avatar image
porcini answered ·

I even don't see the 24/48V Multi II as a replacement for the classic multis at the moment. They are mainly used in grid parallel installations. I really hope the classic multis won't get EOL soon.

In an offgrid installation I would always chose the reliable "old" unit which has proven for more than 20 years. Everything it has to do is inverting/charging and that's exactly what it does since years. 230V will stay the same, nothing new here.

Consumption could be better, of course, but reliability is the most important thing. That doesn't mean that the new units are bad, but.. well, they are new ... so at the moment there is no information about how long they will last compared to the old ones.

2 |3000

alnavasa avatar image
alnavasa answered ·

No news about this???

2 |3000

seahaul avatar image
seahaul answered ·

Hello, I am also in the market for a 12V Multiplus II, any new news on the release date?

Thx.

2 |3000

ouk avatar image
ouk answered ·

@all

It looks like it's coming pretty soon.

The newly released Multiplus-II user manual (dated March 2nd, 2021) seems to have been updated to cover a Multiplus-II 12/3000/120-32 supporting 230V AC. I haven't found availability / prices for that model, but inclusion in the manual is probably a good sign!

For North Americaa, there is also a Multiplus-II 12/3000/120-50 2x120V which seems to be available for order / pre-order on various websites.

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Advised from the Victron Price list off Victrons web site

we have been advised for around • MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-32 230V (May 2021)

1619338234756.png

1619338414350.png

1619338234756.png (6.3 KiB)
1619338414350.png (40.0 KiB)
2 |3000