question

gary-1 avatar image
gary-1 asked

CCGX Unable to set Multiplus Input Current Level below 1

Hi

I am attempting to control my Multiplus AC Input from the CCGX by setting the value to 0, whenever I set the number to less than 1 it always reverts to the value of 1. A value of 0 is also not accepted and reverts to 1. AES and PowerAssist has been disabled in the Multiplus Inverter settings.

Equipment details as below:

CCGX
Firmware Version: v2.51

Multiplus Compact 12/1600/70-16 with VE.Bus BMS
Product ID: 2606
Firmware Version: 469
VE.Bus Version: 2606469
VE.Bus BMS Version: 1145110

The same behaviour occurs if I use VictronConnect to connect to the Multiplus via a USB/Mk3 interface. I have also attempted to set a lower value using modbus and encounter the same behaviour.

How can I set this value to 0?

Thanks
Gary

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercurrent limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @Gary@105, unfortunately this is not possible. If you're trying to use the MultiPlus as an inverter only (which is why I presume you're trying to set the AC Input Current Limit to 0), then simply switch the MultiPlus to "Inverter Only" in the CCGX device menu.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gary-1 avatar image
gary-1 answered ·

Hi @Justin Cook - Bay Marine Supply USA, thanks for your answer.

You are correct, I am attempting to set the current limit to 0 so as to disable charging (i.e. Inverter only mode). I cannot use the switch function on the CCGX as this is disabled when used with a VE.Bus BMS, refer below:

Prior to firmware V2.40 the current limit was also disabled and there is no mention in the firmware change log, announcing the change, that there is any minimum limit to this setting.

According to the minimum shore current limits spreadsheet there is no minimal limit when PowerAssist is disabled.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Gary

2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Gary@105 hmmm it is indeed interesting that no minimum limit is listed; my understanding was that in mode "On", 2.4A was the minimum AC Input Current Limit under any circumstances for your model and that it could only be adjusted to 0A when switched to "charger only" (thus allowing straight AC pass-through, which is the opposite of what you're trying to do).

I have a 12/3000/120-50 120v MultiPlus in a display here at the office and, even with PowerAssist disabled, I can only dial down the AC limit to 3.5A in "on" mode - to get it to 0A I have to switch to "charger only" first, then dial it down.

...I am now unsure whether this is a bug or a feature. I will make inquiries with Victron about this and whether there is another way to switch to "inverter only" mode, since that's what you're really after.

2 |3000

gary-1 avatar image
gary-1 answered ·

@Justin Cook - Bay Marine Supply USA thanks for your response. Hopefully Victron will answer your inquiry with some positive news.

2 |3000