question

Jmarc avatar image
Jmarc asked

New GX 50 Cable length

I do not seem to find the spec on the cable length for the new GX Touch Display. Any info?

IF to short for the application cable looks Like and HDMI and a USB conbined cable. Can we use extender?

cerbo gxgx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The cable is about 2m long. HDMI and USB should be extendable ( no official statement).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

coastalbuilder avatar image
coastalbuilder answered ·

Any suggestion (unofficially) on extension options or best practice?

2 |3000

safiery avatar image
safiery answered ·

@Jmarc@aeandmengineering.com we have successfully installed 10m extensions of both the HDMI and USB

4 comments
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

@safiery, did you need to use HDMI/USB signal boosters, or just standard extensions?

0 Likes 0 ·
safiery avatar image safiery Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Used Ethernet over HDMI cable. Two of the HDMI pin outs are for the Touch function. No repeaters needed.

0 Likes 0 ·
coastalbuilder avatar image coastalbuilder safiery commented ·

Any chance of a link as to which cables/setup you used to extend?

1 Like 1 ·
nebulight avatar image nebulight safiery commented ·

so the HDMI has touch? USB is just supplying power?

0 Likes 0 ·
rodney-abbott-buchanan avatar image
rodney-abbott-buchanan answered ·

I seem to remember reading somewhere the cable is NON-extendable. I can not find that detail now. 78inches is too short for me, so a deal breaker. If extendable, I'll reconsider

2 |3000

rodney-abbott-buchanan avatar image
rodney-abbott-buchanan answered ·

..just to verify: if you look into the GX50 product page, at the bottom of the 'notes' section, it clearly states the fixed GX50 cable is non-extendable. that is unfortunate.

2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Note that some HDMI over ethernet systems compress the data which is sort of OK for video but artifacts on computer graphics and characters can be significant.

2 |3000

Related Resources