question

nickvanbitz avatar image
nickvanbitz asked

MultiPlus C 12-2000/80 not charging/Inverter showing Overload.

Hello all,

We have a MultiPlus Compact 12-2000/80 Combi unit, wired to 2x Sterling 100ah Lithium and Sterling BB1260 Batt-Batt charger and 300W of solar via individual Victron MPPT Regulators.

The batteries themselves are showing to be fine, With the BMV showing them to be receiving charge from the B2B and solar with no problems and everything working fine from the 12v system, however when on EHU, the charger seems to go through the cycles on the display showing to be on charge and the amber light on Bulk then to absorb, but the BMV is showing no change at all in the conditions of the batteries. When off from EHU and you want to use the inverter, it immediately comes up with "Overload" even though there is nothing switched on inside the Motorhome.

Other than the 250A Mega Fuse, is there any other checks that can be made by the customer before we have to inspect? There seems to be an "In-Line" glass fuse in the top right-hand corner on one of the circuit boards, but cannot find any reference to it's function at all.

Anyone have anything we may have overlooked?

Cheers

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerPhoenix Invertermultiplus not switching
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@nickvanbitz I would begin by disconnecting the motor home from the output side. Try switching it on. I know that nothing is switched on but there could be a short in the wiring downstream from the inverter. if the overload clears then there is a wiring issue. If there is still an overload then take it to your supplier/dealer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickvanbitz avatar image
nickvanbitz answered ·

Thanks Alexandra, this has all been carried out and still no change. As we are a Dealer/Distributor, I have submitted an RMA already, I was wondering if anyone else had come across this and hopefully shed some light on the issue and hopefully an easy fix.

2 |3000