question

winthrop avatar image
winthrop asked

Solar panels work in parallel but not in series

I have two 150w panels with a Bluesolar 12/24v 40A MPPT. Quite an old model c6yrs old. When in parallel works well. In series both LEDs flash constantly. I guessing it might be an high input problem but the reading is c40V. Any advice please as I’d prefer to have the panels in series if possible. Thanks.

battery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chonaker205 avatar image chonaker205 commented ·

I'm having the same issue with my 75/30a mppt. The issue stated immediately after I did the last update. Good luck getting help, I have been trying to get assistance for three weeks.

I'm giving it one more try then switching to a new company. Its time to add new batteries, inverter and now a converter if I can't fix it. I guess someone else will get my cash.

I can't stand poor customer support.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Winthrop

Is it this model? There's no pics, but.. https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-BlueSolar-MPPT-Charge-Controller-12V-24V-40A-EN_FR_DE_ES.pdf

For charging 12V the max Vpv is stated as 28V. So this may be your issue.

And oh my, Victron kit has come a long way since then.. that manual is dated just Sept 2013. Seems like only yesterday.. :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

winthrop avatar image
winthrop answered ·

Thanks John

Yep that looks like my problem. I can now see this value in the manual. Argh.

Thanks I can stop stressing about it It seems wrong to replace a working MPPT so I’ll live with a parallel set up I’m already getting better charging than I every got from my old panels (3x 130W). Solar Technology is moving apace as you say

Thanks again

John

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic