Hello Victron Community,
I want to display either the VRM dashboard, or the Remote Console via LAN on a tablet on my fridge.
- Fairly low power consumption <10W
- Able to reduce screen brightness to nearly nothing,
- Stays awake when plugged in (ie doesn't automatically go to sleep).
- HTML5 compatible web browser
- Secure enough to not immediately become part of some botnet,
- Cheap enough that I am not upset when it gets dropped and breaks.
- Some elegance with software updates so that it's usable when I want it, and doesn't need a lot of tapping - ie background download, install overnight, silent restart.
- Not too big, not too small 7-9" seems about right.
- Stable Wifi
I have tried numerous different cheap tablets and they all seem to have problems with one of the above.
I don't really mind if it is Apple, Android, Windows or something else.
Has anyone found the perfect thing?