question

bigvt avatar image
bigvt asked

Run DC load with Easysolar?

I have an Easysolar 48/4000/150-70 waiting to be installed, and will run a Lifepo4 battery pack with REC BMS that connects to CCGX with CAN. I've understood this will give SOC and charge/discharge instructions to the solar control and inverter to avoid over/under voltage. However, I'd also like to run a 4G router on 9–30 VDC (max 7 watts) without the inverter running with high idle consumption (25 watts) and not risk running the battery low.

1. Is there anyway to pass through 48V through the Easysolar / Multiplus?

2. The Multiplus programmable relay supports 4A up to 35V (1A to 60V) - could I run the router on that relay alone?

3. If not, I assume I can use the Multiplus programmable relay to control a 48v relay (e.g. Crydom ED06D5 with a control voltage range of 5-15 DC) based on SOC (with a 48 to 12 converter)?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerEasySolar All-in-Onedc system
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Why not just use a Victron dc to dc converter powering your router, running directly from the battery pack? The programmable relay is merely a switch and not capable of regulating voltages

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bigvt avatar image bigvt commented ·

Thanks, yes thought so in regards to the programmable relay.

Since I will be away for longer periods I want the DC load to shut down if battery is low for some reason.

0 Likes 0 ·
andrer avatar image
andrer answered ·

I am interestet in the exactly same setup like bigvt! I also like to run a 9-30VDC router while the inverter is off. And for the same reason ;-) I will be away for weeks and will not need to run the inverter, just the modem! Did you find a solution in the meantime bigvt?

br from Switzerland!

2 |3000