question

miya avatar image
miya asked

Color Control GX / EasyPlus Compact 12v 1600w 70a

Hi All

First post to this forum - be gentle with me !

I am installing an EasyPlus Compact 12v 1600w 70a.

https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers/easyplus-12v-1600va

I want to add the Color Control GX - to monitor and control. I see from the manual it is connected via VE.Bus. The manual lists some inverters / charges that can be installed - but not specifically the EasyPlus Compact 12v 1600w 70a. I also see no VE.Bus port on the EasyPlus Compact 12v 1600w 70a - so I am probably answering my own question - but it would seem these 2 devices cannot be connected.

Does anyone know if they can and if so how ?

Thanks,

Tim

CCGX Color ControlEasyPlus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The manual is here: https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-EasyPlus-1600-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES.pdf
The diagrams are in Appendix A which is right at the end of the manual.

Just double check your firmware number which is written on the processor. If it begins with 19, 20 or 26, 27 then it is a VE.Bus device.

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

miya avatar image miya commented ·

Hi - thanks for getting back to me - and then for pointing me in direction of diagrams. Looking at them I can see 2 ports (listed as a UTC and a VEConfigure). The CCGX says it needs to be connected via VE.Bus. Is this the same as UTC / VEConfigure ?

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ miya commented ·

You mean UTP, But yes, both those ports are VE.Bus.

0 Likes 0 ·
miya avatar image miya JohnC ♦ commented ·

Thanks John - understood.

0 Likes 0 ·
winthrop avatar image winthrop miya commented ·

Hi Miya The Bluetooth smart dongle has the wrong plug type to connect Easyplus VE ports these are RJ45 but the dongle has a push fit type plug connector, have I the wrong dongle? Regards John

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ winthrop commented ·

@Winthrop

I guess you have the VE.direct Bluetooth Smart dongle, but for EasyPlus you will need the VE.Bus Smart dongle(+ a short RJ45 cable).

0 Likes 0 ·
winthrop avatar image winthrop Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thank you for you speedy reply. What type of RG45 cable do I need. One end should be a make RJ45 but what should the other end be to fit the Bluetooth smart dongle? Thanks John

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ winthrop commented ·

Just a simple straigh patch cable with RJ45 at both ends.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi Tim

Yes there is a VEbus port inside were you connect the GX unit to. Also you can fit a Bluetooth smart device and use the app on your phone to change settings and monitor it called victron connect, might be a cheaper way of monitoring and control.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

3 comments
2 |3000

miya avatar image miya commented ·

Thanks Rob. Yeah - I have used the Bluetooth App with solar chargers - its great and love the interface. Can I ask - the EasyPlus is not Bluetooth - how would I make it Bluetooth ? Just buy one of the Victron Dongles - or is it something else needed ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie miya commented ·

Hi

Correct you need to add a blue smart dongle to use bluetooth function on the easy solar inverter chargers.

0 Likes 0 ·
miya avatar image miya Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi Rob - thanks for getting back to me - sorry for delay in reply.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page