question

techsol avatar image
techsol asked

MultiPlus-II 48/3000 and VE.bus Error 1

Hi,

I have UPS installation with 6xBYD B-Box Pro 2,5 and 3x MultiPlus-II 48/3000.

Few times a day System shuts down for very short time (seconds - after that wakes up) and Color Control indicates that Error #1 then occurs. There is no grid loss then as well.

I have checked what could cause error 1 and didn't find it in the system:

-no overload

-no low battery

-no temperature alarm

What can be the reason of situation described with words "Device is switched off because one of the other phases in the system has switched off "?

Can it be caused by defective Multi which works properly all day but 3-6 times a day turn off itself for a while?

I just installed video recorder to find monitor LEDs an each Multi.

Multiplus-IIVE.BusBYDups
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@TechSol Fiirst question, when did this start and did anything change before it started happening? I'll assume all three units are exactly the same HW, are running exactly the same firmware version which are requirements for 3-phase. This is not my area of expertise, but in a three phase solution there is a master unit which polls the other slave multi's. I'd always start with the basics such as checking the comms cables between the multi's and any terminators. The second thing that jumps to mind is whether AES may be enabled on one of the units and it therefore puts one multi into a low power state, which may could result in the system appearing offline to the master? It could also be that not all firmware and settings are exactly the same on one of the units. Maybe working through some of these things you may spot an issue.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

techsol avatar image techsol commented ·

@ejrossouw

Thanks for Your answer!

I checked all above and found that:

- all 3 units have the same firmware

- all units have the same software (via VE.Config - no grid code, no assistants, just UPS function)

- no AES defined on any unit

Multis and CCGX run on the latest firmware.

I did some tests: I disconnected all loads from AC-OUT. Now Multis work only on AC-IN and since we disconnected loads all shut-downs disappeared.

What could be wrong with the loads that could make Multi shutdown with Ve.Bus Error #1?

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@TechSol Can you pull up some VRM stats for when it happened as there may be some clues in there. If it is something on ACOUT that triggers it, what type of loads are running on that inverter?

2 |3000