question

laurenceh avatar image
laurenceh asked

How do I post code without it being mangled

How can I make sure that the code I put in the page editor is the same as what other forum users will see?

I posted an article (as a question) - where’s my boat? - but the code segments I included got badly mangled when I submitted the article. Some blank lines are important in the python I posted and the code will not work without them, but they have been lost.

The code looks fine in the page editor and is only wrong after it is posted.

Also there does not seem to be a topic which is relevant to this question. How are topics added or what topic should I post ( at least one valid topic is required.

modifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Ole Saether avatar image
Ole Saether answered ·

Hello!

Try using the </> code tag found on the tools bar above the editor:

#CGIhandler = /usr/bin/perl:pl
#CGIhandler = /usr/bin/php-cgi:php
# enable by LH to run py as cgi scripts
CGIhandler = /usr/bin/python:py
#CGIhandler = /usr/bin/ruby:rb
#CGIhandler = /usr/bin/ssi-cgi:shtm

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

laurenceh avatar image
laurenceh answered ·

That is exactly what I did to insert the code box, the text inside the code box is mangled.

This is what it the code you posted above should look like.

#CGIhandler = /usr/bin/perl:pl

#CGIhandler = /usr/bin/php-cgi:php

# enable by LH to run py as cgi scripts

CGIhandler = /usr/bin/python:py

#CGIhandler = /usr/bin/ruby:rb

#CGIhandler = /usr/bin/ssi-cgi:shtml

#CGIextension = cgi

But what I see when I look at your post is like whites with a strange 5. :

Perhaps my question is, is it possible to post code snippets inside a code box without them being displayed strangely?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.