question

electrix avatar image
electrix asked

Micro-grid with Multiplus 48/800/9

Can anyone advise if the Multiplus 48/800/9 inverter/charger be used to establish a micro-grid ac coupled with microinverters without the grid in the same way as the Multiplus ll.

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi @Electrix. The multi 800 is just smaller than the 5, but has the same functionality. Keep in mind to adhere to the 1:1 rule with ac couple systems: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_coupling:start

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

electrix avatar image
electrix answered ·

I think we are referring to different units. By the 5 do you refer to the 5000, as the largest model in that series I refer to is 1600. Further I can find no info on the victron website inferring that the Multiplus 5000 has this capability. I can find no unit other than the Multiplus ii that has this capability.

1 comment
2 |3000

Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan commented ·

Yes I’m referring to the 5000va Multiplus. The Multiplus ii has an extra ac disconnect built in to comply with various grid codes, but apart from that all Multis have the same functionality, from 500Va all the way to the 5000Va. They can all be ac coupled

0 Likes 0 ·