question

kane avatar image
kane asked

COMMISSIONING Quattro/Eco4840p Powerplus with BMV

I've just installed lithium Eco 4840p powerplus battery with Quattro

i have 6 x 4kw batteries + bmv and want to set up with latest firm ware and settings with 2 solar chargers 250/70 mppt and color controler. Included is auto generator start

Ive installed plenty BYD set ups and haven't had to many problems so hoping ther was some directions similar on victron website some one and point me towards.

I have all battery parameters from power plus ready to fill out.

This being a Aus Battery can some one help with the steps of programming as i see this a great option going forward

COMMISSIONING Quattro/Eco4840p Powerplus with BMV with color controller and two SMART SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLERS 250/70 MPPT

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerPowerPlus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jack Peters avatar image
Jack Peters answered ·

Documentation is only provided by Victron for batteries listed on the battery compatibility list.

Powerplus have provided an integration settings document: https://www.powerplus-energy.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Life-and-Eco-Series-Victron-Settings-REV02.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Scott Clark avatar image
Scott Clark answered ·

Less work with Pylontech and all the Victron tech support.

1 comment
2 |3000

bradleypaton avatar image bradleypaton commented ·

Working on updates for supporting the Victron range of products. Pylontech currently has the advantage of supplying SOC information via CanBus where PPE requires the settings be entered in the inverter or BMV. We are working on modbus support as an option that will easily integrate.

The simplicity of PPE is the CanBus or Modbus are not required for the battery to operate. Other differences are 51.2v nominal vs 48v for Pylontech and 20 batteries vs 8 in a cabinet.

0 Likes 0 ·