question

docker38 avatar image
docker38 asked

atlas 24V/2000W low AC voltage output

hi, after the newly bought espresso-machine would not funtion, i measured the voltage and realized that it was only 190V (fully charged batteries, 6x150 ah, 12V). any hints how to fix that? thank you

current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @docker38

I can't find the Atlas 2000 manual (is it an inverter or combi?)

As this is a very old product, chances are it has reached the end of it's working life.

If the unit is the same as the 2500 inverter, there is a potmeter to adjust the AC voltage, but if it is turning out 190VAC this might be to much.

Also: how are you measuring? first try a different multi-meter to make sure it is not a measuring error. As it is not a sine-wave inverter, measurements might not be correct.

https://www.victronenergy.com/Manuals/atlas/atlas%2024-2500/at22500e.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

docker38 avatar image
docker38 answered ·

thank you, daniël,

it is a inverter only, i saw the pot-meter on the manual from the 2500W version, but i thought, before i try, i ask first do you know, what range can be adjusted? and does it any harm to the system, when running at a lower voltage to long?

i measured right at the out and on a socket (where the espresso machine is). both the same value and on different days. i will measure with a different multi meter too and will try with the pot-meter to adjust.

worst case, i have to replace it (i think it's not worth the money to repair, right?)

5 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

"i think it's not worth the money to repair, right?"
I would say it is not possible because there are no spare parts available for this old device.
The Atlas models are at least 15 years old.

0 Likes 0 ·
docker38 avatar image docker38 Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

that was my concern ... :-(

0 Likes 0 ·

Also, the espresso machine might not work on it at all, they usually like 'real sinus wave AC'

how do other appliances work on it? the 190 VAC might be a measuring error. if you connect a big 500W lamp, does it seem to light up ok?

0 Likes 0 ·
docker38 avatar image docker38 Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

other appliances work, e.g. fridge, even the oven heats up (but that was only a short trial, as it uses to much battery capacity).

so next steps for me are:

- check with the pot-meter if there is a change
- check the output with another multi-meter
- check with a high watt lamp

and if the situation does not change, decide over a new inverter (probably the Phoenix 24V/3000W)

thanks for your inputs, i will reply once i got back to the boat in a few weeks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ docker38 commented ·

Hi @docker38

if other appliances work, chances are the Atlas is working fine, but your measurement is off.

The coffee maker is probably not liking the non-sine wave.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic