question

Robert Bazalgette avatar image
Robert Bazalgette asked

Easy Solar II GX screen has gone dark. Unit is inverting but nothing is readable on the screen.

New unit. I have been using VE Configure to set up for install. VE connect and VE configure both communicate with it. I can't see anywhere to adjust the screen contrast or brightness.

EasyPlus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Robert Bazalgette

What happens when you reset the GX unit? (with the reset button)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Robert Bazalgette answered ·

Which is the re-set button, do you mean the button to the right of the LCD screen ?

1 comment
2 |3000

no the reset button, at the bottom of the unit, see the manual for the exact position.

0 Likes 0 ·

This is what I am seeing.

es2screen-large.jpg (240.3 KiB)
2 |3000

If you mean that button to the right of the screen, Nothing happens. I have tried press and hold. I have turned the inverter off and on. I have removed the 48 volt supply and put it back. Nothing makes any difference to the screen.

2 |3000

Hi @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) Do you have any ideas I can try to restore the LCD Display, as discussed ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Did you try the reset button (P) ? and if so, what happens (on the screen) when you push it?

0 Likes 0 ·
reset.png (167.6 KiB)

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic