question

shawn-gordon avatar image
shawn-gordon asked

Connecting a CCGX to a Venus GX system?

Can I connect a CCGX to a Venus GX to use as the display? I want the connectivity of the Venus (tank inputs, temp inputs, etc.) without having to purchase all of the external VE. Can tank adapters (too expensive). If not, I really just need a way to have a small permanently mounted control display near the rest of the distribution panel in the van. I know I can control and monitor with a phone and tablet, but also want something mounted permanently. Thanks in advance for your help.

CCGX Color ControlVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@Shawn Gordon I do not believe this will work. Maybe you can buy a cheap tablet and create a hotspot and then get the remote console on it. If you have not purchased yet, look at the cerbo due in Feb with a separate monitor.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

So you already have the Venus GX?

If not and you can wait a while, the new Cerbo GX is what you are looking for.

2 |3000

shawn-gordon avatar image
shawn-gordon answered ·

Thanks for the answers. I have not purchased anything yet. The Cerbo option sounds interesting, as it appears to have 4 tank inputs. I have 4 tanks, so was still going to need to purchase 1 tank adapter, even with the venus because it only has 3 inputs. Just curious if anyone has any idea of the estimated pricing for the Cerbo and GX touch 50? Hoping it still stays within the venus with an added screen of some sort budget.

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi Shawn, the price of the Cerbo GX will be (for now, it might change later) about 10% more expensive then the Venus GX

Cerbo plus screen will be about 10% more expensive than the Color Control.

0 Likes 0 ·
shawn-gordon avatar image shawn-gordon Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Okay, thank you. And are they still planned to be available in February? Do you know if it is early Feb or late? Sorry for the detailed questions, but we are in the middle of this project and will need the equipment sooner than later.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ shawn-gordon commented ·

I'm sorry but I don't know :(

I just know things always take longer than I hope..

0 Likes 0 ·