question

johnm avatar image
johnm asked

Phoenix Multi 12/1600/70 with 15xxxxx firmware

Hi,

I have a Phoenix Multi 12/1600/70 which has 15xxxxx firmware (1501116.HEX). I know it is old, but it appears to be working well (I don't really want to replace it!) However, I would like to connect to it with ve.config, or any other application which might allow me to configure it and/or see its parameters. I have looked at the various manuals and whitepapers, but remain a little confused!

I would very much appreciate it if someone would answer the following questions:

1. Which RS485/RS232 interface would work? I believe it should be the Mk.2.2b, but I would like to make sure before I purchase one.

2. Which software should I use? I believe ve.configure Version 1 (although I can't seem to find Version 1 for download). Where can I find a download of ve.configure Version 1, or is there any other software which would connect?

3. Which remote panel would work with it?

4. Presently, there is no temperature sensor connected. Presumably, the temperature sensor currently sold for Phoenix chargers, which connects to the -ve pole of the battery, would be the one to go for, but is this correct?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

John

Phoenix InverterVEConfigure 3Temperature Sensorrs485
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

This is a non-VE.Bus Multi. It has only one RJ45 connector instead of 2 connectors. These units can be programmed with the current version of VEConfigure and the most recent MK interface. The exception are Multis with firmware version 14xxxxx or 17xx000 - 17xx129, for these units an older version of VE.Configure is needed. For old software see the bottom of software download page.

The Digital Multi Control can be used it should be backwards compatible, but I am not 100% sure.

A GX device, such as the Color Control GX cannot be used, because your unit is a non-VEBus unit.

The temperature sensor used in modern Multis is still the same, and can be used with your unit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnm avatar image
johnm answered ·

@Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) Margaret, many thanks. The latest interface is usb; I would prefer to use RS232 - would the Mk2.2 interface work, please?

4 comments
2 |3000

Yes, the MK2.2 will work as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
johnm avatar image johnm Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Margaret, many thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
johnm avatar image johnm commented ·

I mean the Mk2.2b interface, as I suggested in my original question.

0 Likes 0 ·

Sorry, I forgot the b. I meant to type the MK2.2b.

0 Likes 0 ·
Wayne avatar image
Wayne answered ·

I read this post some time ago and ordered a mk3-usb interface.

My multiplus has 1807130.hex

According to your reply the most recent programmer, in this case the mk3-usb will work as my version is not in the list that you described.

The MK3 does not connect so I've wasted money on buying it.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor