question

tverweij avatar image
tverweij asked

BMV-712 firmware update failed (connection lost)

I wanted to go to the settings - but the app told me I needed a firmware update before I could do that. So I updated - And then my phone locked and lost the connection.

Now everything is working except for the state of charge.

The product info says that I have the latest (4.3) firmware, so I can not update again.

Is it possible to re-update to fix the problem?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@tverweij good to hear! I'd keep an eye on the SOC; when the BMV resets, it resets to 100% SOC by default even if the batteries are discharged somewhat. Given that your charger switched to absorption, it's a good sign that your batteries are at least between ~80-100%, but I suggest ensuring that you have a full charge on the batteries and then manually synchronizing the BMV SOC while you know they're full so that the BMV's calculations stay accurate from then on.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@tverweij, what do you mean by "except for the state of charge"? Is the SOC showing as 0 or garbled information, or is the SOC reading on the display not matching the reading of the monitor, or is the SOC reading not changing as you would expect?

2 |3000

tverweij avatar image
tverweij answered ·

I mean SOC showed -- (two minuses, not zero).

But, as soon as the charger changed to absorbtion, the SOC changed to 100%, so it seems that the problem solved itself.

2 |3000

tverweij avatar image
tverweij answered ·

Thanks for the tip - I did a manual synchronize a the float state, and the SOC was 74% this morning, exactly what I expected - so the SOC is correct again.

2 |3000

todd-dunn avatar image
todd-dunn answered ·

I had the same issue, both State of Charge and Amp hours consumed were reading "--" after the update failed at about 90%. My batteries were at float charge, so I went into "settings", "battery" and manually reset the State of charge to 100%. I just did that a few minutes ago, but it appears to be working properly now.

2 |3000