question

m-asscheman avatar image
m-asscheman asked

MultiPlus 1600 doesn't show life after large load

My Multiplus Compact 1600vA does not charge or invert anymore. It used to work fine until I gave it a large current to digest (2kw, I know it only handles 1.2 kw). When I gave it this large current, the shore power was not connected, I had 13.5V in my 400Ah Lifepo4's. As expected I saw the alarm light blinking and within 15 seconds the inverter shut down. After this, the inverter only showed signs of life (passing shore power through) when I plugged in the shore power. I tried and checked some things and eventually decided to delete the Ve.bus bms assistant in Ve.config, to reset it. After this, the inverter doesn't want to turn on anymore. It only shows life when I connect the AC in. For 1 second all three LED's turn on (inverter, charger and alarm LED).

My specs:

Multiplus compact 1600vA

Ve.bus bms with the mains detector (already tried it without the mains detector in between, no results)

Victron 400Ah Lifepo4

What I tried:

1. I checked all my fuses. Cables to the multiplus read 13V+

2. Disconnected AC in and AC out.

3. Check the VE.Config, charging mode is enabled. Ac input current is 16A

4. Delete VE.Bus bms assistant in VE.Config.

What could it be?

BMSVE.BusAssistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
m-asscheman avatar image
m-asscheman answered ·

Just double checked everything while on the phone with my Victron dealer. Turned out that I got a false reading from one fuse (definitely my own fault). Replaced the fuse, reconfigured VE.bus bms assistant and now everything is back to normal. So this issue is solved!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

There is a DC fuse inside of the Multi, I guess this fuse is blown.

2 |3000

m-asscheman avatar image
m-asscheman answered ·

Do you mean the midi fuse? If so, that fuse is still in good order.

4 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

It should be a 250A mega fuse. To check the fuse properly you have to take it out.

0 Likes 0 ·
m-asscheman avatar image m-asscheman Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I had my multimeter on either side of the mega fuse and it seemed fine. I'll take it out tomorrow to do a visual inspection!

0 Likes 0 ·
m-asscheman avatar image m-asscheman Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I took it out for a visual inspection and the 250a mega fuse was in good condition. Multimeter confirmed it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ m-asscheman commented ·

Hm ok, then maybe there is some sort fo serious internal damage.
You should contact you dealer from whom you bought it to start a RMA.

0 Likes 0 ·