question

ruip avatar image
ruip asked

CCL and DCL always changing between 35A and 70A

Hi

I have 2 BYD 2,5kWh modules, that each have a 35A Charge Current Limit (CCL) and Discharge Current Limit (DCL), therefore, I would expect to see a continuous 70A CCL/DCL for my system.

However, according to VRM, my CCL/DCL are always fluctuating between 35A and 70A:

It's like this since I installed the system (a few months) and has no noticeable impact in performance (I seem to be able to pull ~50A from the battery, even when the DCL drops to 35A):

Any idea on what's going on?

BYD B-Box Pro firmware 4.17

Multiplus II 3000VA firmware 459

CCGX firmware 2.42

BYDcharge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
byd-service avatar image
byd-service answered ·

Hello RuiP,

It seems that the communication with the second battery is unstable. Could you check the LED lighting in the batteries and in thw BMU. The BMU should be solid and the batteries shouldn't be scrolling side to side.

Try swapping the communication cables, changing addresses and restarting the system a couple of times, just in case it's just a corrupted record.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ruip avatar image ruip commented ·

Ok, I will try that in the next 24 hrs.

0 Likes 0 ·
ruip avatar image ruip commented ·

Problem solved!!

I reconnected the communications cable between the modules ans rebooted the modules and voila, now I have steady 70A CCL and DCL!

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes 0 ·
20200108-060533.jpg (319.3 KiB)

Related Resources

Victron BYD battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic