question

ehsab avatar image
ehsab asked

20kWh solar in the middle of the night?

Hi,
My VRM data displays 20kWh in the middle of the night 00:00, this mess upp the data over time.
Is it possible to edit the data on VRM? This must be wrong, there is nothing displayed in System - PV yield.

Kind Regards

VRMsolar
solar.jpg (33.3 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Riaan Barkhuizen avatar image Riaan Barkhuizen commented ·

Hi @ehsab,

Can you give some more background, what equipment is involved, did it work before etc?

Best Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
ehsab avatar image ehsab Riaan Barkhuizen commented ·

3xquattro, fronius sumo on ACout, venusgx, lynx shunt and batteries.

Firat time ive get false readings.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

What does the raw data show? Have you downloaded it and looked at it maybe? The fronius would be my focus purely given from my limited understanding that is where the GX receives its solar data from. Bing it and you will also find similar topics you can look into.

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @ehsab

We've looked at your VRM data, and found the cause: the amount from the 3 phases somehow gets 'hussled', causing the strange data numbers in VRM.

We're looking at how we can address this.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ehsab avatar image ehsab commented ·

Hi Daniël,

Had another one tonight at 02:00.

0 Likes 0 ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

I had another false reading (60kWh solar) at 11:00 today.
Whats special about my setup, it's really frustrating that the VRM data gets screwed up.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ehsab commented ·

Hi @ehsab

The data from the Fronius sometimes contains strange readings that confuses the VRM system, we're working on a way to handle this in a way it does not produce the strange numbers.

0 Likes 0 ·
ehsab avatar image
ehsab answered ·

Happend again over night.

@Riaan Barkhuizen @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)
Any ideas?

1578386888346.png (23.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Hi @ehsab

First check the connection with your Fronius, and make sure all components including Fronius are on latest firmware.

4 comments
2 |3000

Hi, they are. Connected by cable and no dropped packets on the switchport.

0 Likes 0 ·
ehsab avatar image ehsab ehsab commented ·

Happend again about an hour ago. No issues with connectivity.

The Fronius:

0.135kWh today is fairly accurate.
What can I do to troubleshoot this?

0 Likes 0 ·
1578414232026.png (16.7 KiB)
1578414279793.png (16.2 KiB)
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ehsab commented ·

What is the VRM id?

0 Likes 0 ·
ehsab avatar image ehsab Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

0cae7d54ca2e

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @ehsab

your Fronius is (as far as I can see) -not- on the latest firmware, as is your GX device. Please update firmware first in case of problems, as asked before.

5 comments
2 |3000

Fronius:

GX:

0 Likes 0 ·
1578467344473.png (19.7 KiB)
1578467629252.png (26.0 KiB)

Thank you for updating the GX,

your Fronius is at:

Firmware version 3.14.1-10

latest according to firmware changelog document:

Fronius Symo 10.0-3 - 20.0-3
Software version: fro30380.upd fro30381.upd
Control unit RECERBO V0.3.23.0
Power stage set SYMO _PS V1.2.11.1
Filter PC board SYMO _FIL V0.9.24.1
Country setups V0.0.93.10

Please contact your Fronius dealer if you have trouble updating.

0 Likes 0 ·
Meine_Energiewende avatar image Meine_Energiewende Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

3.14.1-10 is the software Version of the Datamanger -> and this is the latest released version from fronius. Just checked in my fronius portal a few seconds ago.

Jens

PS: fro30381.upd is the latest version for the inverter and updates the RECERBO to 0.3.23.0 .... thats an other thing ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
ehsab avatar image ehsab Meine_Energiewende commented ·

So are you recomending me to update anything on the Fronius?

0 Likes 0 ·
Meine_Energiewende avatar image Meine_Energiewende ehsab commented ·

No ..... the version of the Datamanager is relevant for you.

The update from fro30380 to fro30381 is only a minor update regarding dynamic power reduction being ignored.

So if you have no problem on that side: never touch a running system :)

Jens

0 Likes 0 ·
Izak (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Izak (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

The underlying cause for this is an issue in the Fronius firmware.

In PV-inverters with an integrated data-manager, you can solve this by upgrading the firmware. It was fixed in an early fro30xxx.upd version.

Where you have an external data manager, this can be caused by a SolarNet timeout between the datamanager and the PV-inverters. New firmware improves the situation but cannot completely rule it out.

To deal with this issue, we modified our Fronius driver to ignore these incorrect zero frames. This will be in a future candidate release.

See here for more information.

2 |3000

Related Resources