question

cornel-maces avatar image
cornel-maces asked

What MPPT charge controller settings should I use for NiCd Nickel Cadmium batteries?

Hi. I have an solar instalallation - homemade - 5 kW, and I want to change the old batteries (AGM 2x12 v) with NiCd - 2x12 v. The controllers I use are Victron 100/50 (4, because I have many tipes of solar pannels). The controllers have a rotary knob to select the tipe of the batteries 0 to 7 positions, but there is not specified NiCd. Whitch position should I use for my new batteries ?Details: controllers Victron 100/50 and 150/85, inverter Victron 24v/5 kVA, balancers Victron, battery manager BMV 712 smart, control Gx

Solar Panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You must look at the datasheet of your batteries.
Then you can use the nearest preset or you use the VictronConnect app to make your own settings.
If you have a BlueSolar then you need a VE.direct Bluetooth donge or you have SmartSolar then they have BT already inside?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic