question

leoalm avatar image
leoalm asked

Charging my campers’ leisure batteries both via the alternator and solar.

Hi there, community!

I wanna charge my campers’ leisure batteries both via the alternator (Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC Charger Isolated) and solar (SmartSolar 100 / 20 20A MPPT). Can I use both products simultaneously? Thanks!

Orion DC-DC Converters not smartsolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi @leoalm, there should be no problem with that. Just make sure to fuse each charging source separately.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

leoalm avatar image
leoalm answered ·

Awesome, thanks Murray!

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to combine two functions with one product, such as the CTEK (D250SA) whilst being able to monitor the charge via Bluetooth?

2 |3000

pepvan avatar image
pepvan answered ·

Sorry to jump into this post. I have my van with both solar and alternator charging thrugh Orion Tr Smart Dc to DC 12 to 24 (my alternator produces 12V but my van installation is running under 24v).

My question is:

When using a Dc to Dc charger, no relé is needed right? When the van is not running I wish the Van battery to be isolated from the electrical system, but when the van is running I wish the alternator to charge also my auxliar batteries.

Many thanks

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron DC-DC converters product page