question

plockie avatar image
plockie asked

ip65 charger not responding after failed firmware update (fixed)

I was doing a firmware update via bluetooth, when the connection was lost. since then I can't see the ip65 in the app.

I unplugged it and then plugged it in and pressed the mode button as suggested but nothing happens, the lights stay lit, nothing flashes

when I unplug it all the lights stay lit, even if I wait for 15mins.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

give this a go

make sure all the lights go out.

disconnect it from the mains and the battery when the lights go out then reconnect to the power and try the bluetooth connection again, then upgrade. make sure you have a strong internet signal.

if they dont go out which they should after a few hrs max I would have thought (with the mains disconected join the + AND - Battery connection wires together that come from the charger, (make sure they are not connected to the battery when doing this)

and also do not Have the battery close by just incase its been gasing as there maybe a small spark

This may work but you have to leave it until all the lights go out.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

plockie avatar image plockie commented ·

Sorted. Disconnecting from the battery allowed me to do the reset

0 Likes 0 ·
tea20 avatar image
tea20 answered ·

I had this same trouble first day I got the thing, so the above answer worked for me.

It tried to update and came up with an error on my phone and the unit flashing most of the LED's.

I unpaired it under my phone Bluetooth, while waiting for the lights to go out, mine only took a couple of minutes.

I then plugged the unit back to power (no battery connection) and proceeded with the App connection again, straightaway it went to the update page (would be nice to have a choice about updating) but this time did it with no trouble.

Blue Smart Charger IP65 24v 5A

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic