question

traveller77 avatar image
traveller77 asked

AGM Battery Charge settings adjustment

I have a Victron SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 charge controller connected to a BSA Solar AGM battery (12V, 180 amp hr) and was wondering if I can adjust the charge settings without causing any problems.

I was recommended to use the present settings for Gel 1 with Absorption of 14,3 Volts in the VictronConnect App, as it should be also suitable for AGM batteries.

As the Datasheet from the manufactor recommendes 14.6V to 14.8V for Absorption charging and 13.6V to 13.8V for storage charging, I just wanted to double-check if I should adjust the settings for Absorption from 14.3V to 14.7V in the settings (as it seems a bit to low) or leave it at 14.3V?

Thanks for your reply.

AGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Traveller77

Always use the voltages recommended by the battery manufacturer, and when in doubt, ask the supplier of the batteries, to make sure you don't void your warranty.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic