question

Erhan Dolak avatar image
Erhan Dolak asked

MPPT Charger 150/100 rev2 A059 v1.47 firmware stability issues

Good and sunny day to everyone,

I just upgraded my mppt charger via VRM Remote Firmware Update feature from v1.46 to v1.47 as usual and despite upgrade went as expected and successful (saw 1.47 as new firmware on dashboard), somehow the console PV Charger indicator started to show fluctuations between ~1400 watt and 0 (zero watt) in every 2-3 seconds in a loop.... 0-5x-8xx-14xx-0-5x-7xx-14xx....watt. something like MPPT is rebooting in a loop.

I thought that it may be the online upgrade which created this problem, and for a second time, I downloaded "Solar Charge Controller MPPT 150-100 rev2 SMART v1.47_A059.dup" file from Victron web and once again upgraded from VRM portal, this time by providing custom firmware file. it again upgraded successfully but did not solved the issue.

I had to return back to original firmware "Solar Charge Controller MPPT 150-100 rev2 SMART v1.46_A059.dup".... and now everything is stable like before....

12:48 - online upgrade to v1.47 from v1.46

12:58 - online upgrade with manual upload of dup file v1.47 to v1.47

13:21 - downgrade to v1.46

So anyone else faced similar issue before? I checked the firmware release notes and did not see any special instructions for v1.47. Also I did not see anything abnormal in the logs, no alert of warnings. Anyone knows where is the upgrade and mppt logs files and how to see them so that I can debug the issue?

Thx...

MPPT Controllersfirmware update
1576850612072.png (22.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gwbn avatar image gwbn commented ·

I have the exact same problem..!!! I have also changed so many other parameters that I am not sure what the original settings were..!! Stupid me. I do however need to get back to the 1.46 firmware. Will try to find it somewhere...

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Erhan Dolak avatar image
Erhan Dolak answered ·

thanks @mvader (Victron Energy Staff), yesterday Thiago from Victron support team, contacted me and advised to remove Ve.Smart Networking settings on MPPT via VictronConnect which I created long ago but did not used at all after CCGX integration to my system. This morning I gave another chance to v1.47 firmware and and now, the system is quite stable with new firmware. No more fluctuations. The new features introduced in v1.47 may need some fine tuning... Thanks again.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @dolak, thanks for the concise report! I've asked a colleague to look into this and we'll get back to you. It might take a little while, due to Christmas and all.

2 |3000

delecor avatar image
delecor answered ·

Hi @dolak. Can you tell me where can i find v.1.46 to download it? Thank you

1 comment
2 |3000

Erhan Dolak avatar image Erhan Dolak commented ·

Good Day @delecor. There is no public place afaik for old firmware downloads so you should contact Victron Support to obtain correct firmware for your system.

How I managed to find it? with a little luck.

Read: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/hidden:setting_up_victron_software_bittorrent_sync

If you have access to pro site and if you can connect your dropbox with victron firmware repository, dropbox has a feature to restore old/deleted files. I got old v1.46 firmware using that feature. good luck.

0 Likes 0 ·
jeffles avatar image
jeffles answered ·

Hi, I'm seeing this behavior as well. I think it started after an upgrade to 1.59. I know it's not the battery, because I just installed a new one to see if it would fix this -- my old battery was on it's way out anyway, so I'm not bummed. Any advice on how to fix? (I tried removing the smart networking, but that didn't work)

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic