question

barmal avatar image
barmal asked

Multi 24/3000 in Parallel Stopped Working

Hello,

I have 2 x 24/3000 in parallel controlled by a Digital Multi Controller that have been working fine up to approximately 2 months ago.

The Digital Multi Controller amp display went blank and all the lights on the controller came on and stayed on.

When the controller is switched off/on to either charge only or on the 24/3000 units can be heard to 'click' indicating switching on/off and the temperature light on both units flashes once only.

The mains power and voltage as been checked and found to be alright and all the cable connections between the units and controller have been checked and cleaned and re-connected with no change whatsoever, the system still does not work.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing the failure and how to rectify and make the system operational again.

Thank you in anticipation.

Help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@barmal, have you checked to ensure that the Multis have good DC voltage? That is, not only that the connections to the batteries are good, but that you also have >~25.4vDC at the MultiPlus "Battery" connections. The most common cause of Multis failing to power on that I see is a blown fuse or bad connection between the battery and Multi... the MultiPlus is a DC device, so requires good DC voltage to power on, even when connected to shore power.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

barmal avatar image
barmal answered ·

Hello Justin, thanks for your input, Yes I have separate Kuranda connections system where all power cables from the batteries are fed in prior to being sent to the Multi units and back prior to going to the breaker panels, all are in good order with fuses also checked and ok.

2 |3000

barmal avatar image
barmal answered ·

Should have mentioned in my original post to the forum, all the DC functions are working fine, it is only the AC output giving 240V to the ring main that is affected.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic