question

coghst avatar image
coghst asked

Victron App locks up when firmware upgrade page opens.

I just installed a BMV-712 and installed the Victron Connect app on a Samsung S7. Pairing through the app went okay. Then when I click on the device in the devices list, a page opens saying "BMV-7xx Smart Bluetooth Interface update required" before using the device. At this point the app locks up. No buttons work including the back arrow. I thought maybe it was an android issue, so I installed the app on an iPad. I had the same issue with the app locking up at the same point. Any ideas on how to update the device so I can use it?

Installed version is v2.14, New version is v2.23

Thanks

BMV Battery MonitorVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, solved, VictronConnect v5.15 is being released now. See:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/36168/victron-connect-v514-update-issue.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

We are looking into it.

Is the BMV configured for VE.Smart networking?

2 |3000

Mathew Hamilton Green avatar image
Mathew Hamilton Green answered ·

I have the same issue with my Bluetooth dongle..

2 |3000

cowboyjack avatar image
cowboyjack answered ·

Having exact same problem on iPhone and iPad with BMV 712, MPPT 100/30 and MPPT 75/15.

VERY frustrating for my first Victron purchase

2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@COghst, what version of VictronConnect do you have installed? I'm curious, as I just went through 7 different units of varying types (BT dongle, 3 MPPTs, a few BMVs) on my Android with VictronConnect ver. 5.14 and didn't run into any issues, so I'm wondering if it's perhaps a VC version issue.

2 |3000

coghst avatar image
coghst answered ·

@Justin Cook, thanks, both the Samsung S7 and the iPad Pro 9.7 have VictronConnect v5.14 installed and behave the same.

@jperez (Victron Energy Staff), This is the BMV-712. "VE.Smart networking" does not appear anywhere in the manual. Could you tell me how to check? Thank you...

2 |3000

farco-as avatar image
farco-as answered ·

Exactly the same problem here with iPhone / Smart Solar 100/30. 3 units tested, all the same.

2 |3000