ramassamy avatar image
ramassamy asked

ESS stop working in my system

Hello everyone,

here is my system:

2 MultiGrid 48-3000-70 (MASTER & SLAVE)

8x6 Battery Crown 350ah

PV inverter at AC out 2200w solar pannel /PHotowat(DANFOSS) ULX1800i

. So I use ESS ,it ran perfectly for about a month, which means I could charge and discharge the battery with energy from/to grid ,setting grid point to use the battery at night with A/C

. Until one day,nothing is working,and my Multiplus stills in Absorption and Float

Sometime the ESS reacts to the setpoint ....My SOC stills at 97% to 100% and most time, these LEDs Mains On, Absorption and Inverter are on at the same time and now the Inverter led stop lightening...

I've done:

-all firmware to the latest

-resseting

thanks for your help

https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/43376/dashboard

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @ramassamy

I've found the cause:

You are using German grid code, with the option 'use aux1 to disable feed-in' selected.

Also you have a sensor connected to aux1

This sensor causes feed-in to be disabled.

Simply uncheck the 'disable feed-in' option to fix this.

I'll add this to the faq.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ramassamy avatar image ramassamy commented ·

Hi, you are certainly right, but when i try to de-activate it, i have a message warning for a grid code... And now here is my problem, i am very far from Europe in REunion island ,and the last seller where i bought my victrons Multiplus took them from Germany . Now it is closed. Plus, i am in REUNION island a French Island

Can i have a pass word please ,can i still with the german code

0 Likes 0 ·
ramassamy avatar image ramassamy commented ·

Excellent analyse of my problem ... Thanks Mr Boekel for your Help

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @ramassamy, Did you try to reset the multi? also make sure the switches are on the 'I' position and not "II'

2 |3000

ramassamy avatar image
ramassamy answered ·

1)what switches are you telling??dip switch ??

2)i have not resetting the multi now...i have first do it ,but nothing happened (firm 462) and i am with firmware 465 (is RESET= ON/OFF Switch on and switch Off the multi ,if not i have not resseting )

what happen if i resset the multi by thye CGX ,do i need to re-install settings and assistant ?

resset.jpg (39.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @ramassamy

1)what switches are you telling??dip switch ?? --> not the on/off/on switch at the bottom of the unit (right side)

2)i have not resetting the multi now...i have first do it ,but nothing happened (firm 462) and i am with firmware 465 (is RESET= ON/OFF Switch on and switch Off the multi ,if not i have not resseting ) --> yes, reset in CCGX is basically the same as switching the units off and on again, no settings will be erased.

what happen if i resset the multi by thye CGX ,do i need to re-install settings and assistant ?

0 Likes 0 ·
ramassamy avatar image
ramassamy answered ·

i have done the reset by the Multi GX, the problem stills...

2 |3000

ramassamy avatar image
ramassamy answered ·

1)what switches are you telling??dip switch ?? --> not the on/off/on switch at the bottom of the unit (right side)

3 comments
2 |3000

No, the on/off/on switch at the bottom of the unit (right side)

Please read Q9 of this faq:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:design-installation-manual#faq

0 Likes 0 ·
ramassamy avatar image ramassamy Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi

i have a multiplus, not a multiplus II,this is why i cannot find the switch at the botom of the unit ...

Meanwhile, on the link you gave me , i think my problem is that i have not enough energy to charge the battery and on the link it indicates that "The relay test will be performed once either the battery voltage has been recharged above 14/28/56 volt, or when the battery has been recharged to above 20% SOC. To check if a system is in this state, see the ESS Relay test entry in the Advanced submenu of the Multi/Quattro entry in the device list. It will show either Pending, or Completed. Note that that menu entry is only visible for systems with an ESS Assistant installed.'"

I rarely touch now 56v...and the ess relay stills in "completed" mode with a value low than 51v

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ramassamy commented ·

Mi apologies, yes you have a front panel switch, not a bottom switch.

I've found the cause, see my new reaction.

0 Likes 0 ·
ramassamy avatar image
ramassamy answered ·

Hi

you found exactly my problem ... Thank you for all...ESS is working perfectly now!!

2 |3000

aes avatar image
aes answered ·

Hi, I have the same problem but I can not read the solution you have found. How can I solve this problem?

2 |3000