question

trisa avatar image
trisa asked

5 SmartSolar connected together

Hi

I have 5 Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/ 30.

Also in the process of ordering: Victron BMV-71, Color Control GX and Victron Quattro.

Is it possible and/or necessary to connect all the SmartSolar into the system. What cable to use for this?

I'm also very tempted to wait for the Cerbo GX :-)

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi @Trisa

I wouldn’t go with the color control GX as it can only handle a max of 5 ve.direct devices, where you already got 6 (the 5 x MPPT and BMV)

The Venus can handle a max of 6 x ve.direct devices, but if I’m you I either look at the Octo GX (great value and performance) or if you have the patience :-) wait for the Cerbo which on paper seems a great device too.

The Octo can take 10 ve.direct devices, plugged in directly into the unit so no special cables other than the standard ve.direct cables are needed. The Cerbo has 3 ve.direct ports, so you’ll probably need a powered USB hub and connect the balance via ve.direct to usb cables.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

trisa avatar image
trisa answered ·

Thanks! Yes, I will wait for the Cerbo. Are Victron good at keeping their promised dates (feb 2020), or can we expect to see it later?

1 comment
2 |3000

Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan commented ·

In my experience, so long as you order it beforehand their dates are reliable. Get in touch with your distributor and let them preorder it as soon as it’s added to the inventory

0 Likes 0 ·