question

nimrod avatar image
nimrod asked

Mk2 vs Mk3

Hello

What is the difference between MK2 and MK3 interface? I have one MK2 now. Will I get stuck on certain products?

Thanks

MK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, for using VEFlash, and VEConfigure, to fw update and set up our inverter/chargers, an MK2-USB is perfect; and in foreseeable time you wont get stuck.

However, the new pc configuration tool, VictronConnect, requires the MK3-USB.

Note that for now, VictronConnect cant do anything that VEFlash and VeConfigure cant do either. Worse; VictronConnect for now can do only less.

But someday, when our plans and dreams are reality, then VictronConnect can do more, and will do a smoother job at it, and then you’ll need a new interface (ie MK3-USB).

Hope that helps; its a bit nuanced since we’re in this multi-year transition period.

Lastly, in case you are the owner of a system, rather than an installer, and were to want to monitor your system using a RaspberryPi 2, rather than one of our GX Devices, then also you’d need an MK3-USB and not an MK2-USB.

Best! Matthijs

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sailinglegend avatar image sailinglegend commented ·

My MK 2b doesn't work with veconfigure 3 software despite installing the new drivers after my computer crashed and I lost veconfiure2.exe. This has worked for 15 years but I now can't find veconfigure2.exe. Do you have that older software?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic