question

Meiring avatar image
Meiring asked

High ac input consumption on 10000va

We are running a client on ESS with AC out2 as not critical programmed, we are seeing a value of 2.5-3a/HR @230v the moment the input contact activate. This is a lot higher than the intended self consumption mentioned. We would like the know why this is. We do have a grid meter et112 installed set at 20w. The ccgx can't manage the drain from input below 450 w. Please assist,,,:setup 48/10000/100*2 & mppt 250/100/48 smart, bmv 700 -standard 500a shunt, ESS, ACout2 activated and de-activated with assistant. With vrm

input current
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Meiring

Where exactly do you see / measure this current?
What is the VRM name / identifier?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Meiring avatar image
Meiring answered ·

The current is measured on the main incomming AC from the utility.

There after sit a ET 112 to see and try prevent gridfeed since we are not allowed to feed back. The ccgx does not read this high however. You may ask my manager/direct saal@solargysa.co.za or on my profile meiringpretorius@gmail.com on the vrm site. It is under Koos Snyman, Parys South Africa. Kind regards and thank you for the feedback so far. Meiring

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Meiring

Ok, indeed on the grid-meter this current is not measured, so how do you measure this?

Do you thing the grid meter is faulty?

0 Likes 0 ·
kolfleading avatar image
kolfleading answered ·

This input current could be an indication of high reactive power and low power factor, it's not certain it is active power. As far as I know, the CCGX reports only the active power.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic