question

fesolar avatar image
fesolar asked

wiring for a system with mppt, victron smart lithium battery and colorcontrol gx?

hi all

i just want a confirmation about a wiring.

in a ess system with lithium battery and a vebus bms, multiplus, mppt (small one with no remote switch) and a color control gx.

i had understood that the color control gx can control the mppt and in case of the vebus and ina fault, the colorcontrol will stop the mppt.

but after speaking with another guy, i'm not sure and i thinking that i have to had a battery protect to disconnect the mppt because the vedirect of the mppt is already use !

can you confim this

best regards

ESS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @fesolar

What do you mean by:

'because the vedirect of the mppt is already use '?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
fesolar avatar image
fesolar answered ·

hi

the vedirect port of the mpp is conected to the ccgx so we can t use it for wiring with the vebus bms !

br

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

This is a good question! To be on the safe side and not have to much electronics in between before a shut off command reach the MPPT, I would use a battery protect to disconnect the MPPT in case needed. This signal for the battery protect comes directly from the VE.BUS BMS.

I am not sure if Victron implemented a function to do a MPPT shut off via the VE.BUS to CCGX and then to the MPPT. The Quattro/Multi can be switched OFF by a signal via the VE.BUS comming from the VE.BUS BMS.

Best regards,

Rob

2 |3000