question

krby avatar image
krby asked

Multiplus 24/2000 vs 24/3000

I'm looking over the manuals and specifications for the MultiPlus 24/2000 and 24/3000 (the 120V versions) I may be reading too much into this, but I have the vague impression the 24/2000 product is older and maybe not as well supported? Is it still getting firmware updates?

I'm pretty sure the 2000VA will run the load I want (A Kill-A-Watt tells me it's no more than 1500VA) and this is intended to be in a sort of portable so I do like the lower weight of the compact 24/2000. But, I don't want to be a product that is about to be end-of-life'd

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ripper avatar image
ripper answered ·

Wouldn't be too worried, the old ones are tried and tested with all bugs ironed out. I actually run two old 3000 bought second hand and unknown history which have no issues.

I also run and specifically bought a new predecessor of the current, way sturdier all metal casing and wider voltage allowance than the new unit which better suited my needs.

The only trouble I have with victron equipment is bluetooth and software stuff on their latest gadgets. As nice as it is, both old units dont have it and dont ever act up while the latest equipment brings headaches (while not imparing actual job, it has been bought, so it had better work and only does most of the time.... ) You choose.

I mean you just adjust it once and at best never look at it again.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.