question

vegar Bartnes avatar image
vegar Bartnes asked

remote control in ccgx not responding to password?

`Hei

I frequently use remote control in my ccgx. This has been working fine several year. Last week the remote console in vrm connects to my ccgx, asking for my password... when I type, nothing happens. I clearly have connection to the site, and data logging is working correctly. When I arrive on site, I access on lokal network... and everything is working fine. I have runned update, different browsers and reset everything. anyone experiencing something like this? I have not changed internett provider... everything is the same :-(

mvh vegar bartnes

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Teun Lassche avatar image
Teun Lassche answered ·

Hi @vegar Bartnes,

Thank you for reporting this.

We identified the cause of this problem and just rolled out a fix for this to VRM. No change required on your side. It should now be working correctly. Apologies for the inconvenience!

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vegar Bartnes avatar image vegar Bartnes commented ·

Done testing now, it is working again :-)

Was only my instalations affekted?

Mvh vegar

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi

Teun Lassche (Victron Energy Staff) has found the fix, and my systems are working again :-) thanks for all help. Mvh vegar

0 Likes 0 ·
vegar Bartnes avatar image
vegar Bartnes answered ·

I have tested my second location, there I have the same problem. Is this a vrm issue? In that location i could go around with vpn, and access the ccgx on lokal LAN remotly. But this is not a god solution.

This problem should affect some of you out there?!

vegar

11 comments
2 |3000

Does it work normally if you disable the password?

0 Likes 0 ·
vegar Bartnes avatar image vegar Bartnes Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, when I disable the password it is working normaly in vrm :-)

....I want to have the security...?

Vegar

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ vegar Bartnes commented ·

Hi @vegar Bartnes

When you set a different password, does this work?

I have not yet heard any others with this problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rune Eilertsen avatar image Rune Eilertsen Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I had exact same problem, but my ccgx was set up to beta image, we dissable the pin code, because we was thinking was a beta version issue...

0 Likes 0 ·
vegar Bartnes avatar image vegar Bartnes Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

When I set a new password the problem is back, no access... in vrm.

Vegar

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ vegar Bartnes commented ·

@vegar Bartnes

ok, what is the VRM id? what version of Venus firmware?

do you use any special characters in the password?

0 Likes 0 ·
vegar Bartnes avatar image vegar Bartnes Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hei :-)

I use CCGX v. 1.74, 201611221134

vrm id: 78a504c5bb89

I have used a four digit code for 3-4 years, no change :-) stopped working last wednesday evening 17.10.19

vegar

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @vegar Bartnes

Please update your CCGX to the latest version, 1.74 is no longer supported.
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:firmware_upgrade_to_v2

1 Like 1 ·

Hi :-) updated one of the ccgx today. The problem is the same. It feels like the last "enter" press is ignored...

0 Likes 0 ·

Thank you @vegar Bartnes

So you can type in the password, but not send it?

Did you try a space for enter, or one of the on screen buttons?

I'll ask around what this can be.

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, I can type the code, but can not "get in". I have tried enter and "touch screen enter". I have tried Chrome, explorer and android.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

after setting the new password, you need to restart the device. Should be OK after restart.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi

I have restarted several times, the problem stays. I have two system that have been online for 3-4 tears and worked smooth. Same problem ocoured at the same time, last wednesday. I have not done any setup change prior to this.

Vegar

0 Likes 0 ·