question

Barry Williams avatar image
Barry Williams asked

Easysolar backfeeding into grid

I have an Easysolar 5kVA 48V unit connected to 4 x 220Ah Victron AGM batteries and 12 x 330W PV panels. The system is connected to the RED phase of a 3 phase system feeding a large house. There are no 3 phase loads connected to this supply. At random times the inverter will enter PASSTHRU mode and feed power back into the grid, even though the GRID tab in the VECONFIG file has been set so as to not allow power to be fed from the DC to the GRID. Sometimes it will happen for very short periods but i have seen it going on for up to 30 minutes.

EasySolar All-in-OnegridVEConfigure 3
grid.jpg (55.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
petajoule avatar image
petajoule answered ·

Please check: Does this happen only if the battery is full or does it also happen if bat is below 100% SOC?

Are you sure that is all you have connected? You say "No 3 phase loads connected to this supply". Does that mean there are in general 3 phase loads present? Some circular/buzz saw maybe?

Or more general: What are the loads connected to the system? You know the AC output can become an Input if there is some energy surplus and if in this case the battery is full so that energy cannot be routed to it, even with a forbidden feed in, feed in still happens.

For up to 30 minutes makes me think you have something connected on AC out that can become a generator for extended periods of time. (I have here a microinverter connected to the AC out of a Quattro and actually even though the Quattro is forbidden to feed-in, it still does so in extreme situations).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Barry Williams answered ·

The wiring in the house is set up such that the electric cooker is on one phase, the electric water geysers are on the second phase and the lights and sockets are on the third phase where the inverter is connected. Therefore there are no 3 phase loads connected to the system.

From the above graphs it can be seeen that the SOC of the batteries is never 100% when the ACInput power goes negative. When the AC input goes negative, the inverter displays PASSTHRU on the CCGX.

Please advie if there is any additional information that i can get for you?

1571130604934.png (40.2 KiB)
1571130659188.png (20.8 KiB)
1571130740251.png (19.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Do you have an energy meter connected to this system?

2 |3000

Barry Williams answered ·

Hi Murray. There are no energy meters on this system.

2 |3000

Alex Rodgers avatar image
Alex Rodgers answered ·

Hi Barry,

Have had the same issue here in Zim, on and ezy 5 -

eventually added an ess assistant - set grid support to 300 watt - this seemed to have stopped it.

2 |3000

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic