question

johannes-cronje avatar image
johannes-cronje asked

HELP - Easy Solar 48/5000 MPPT is bahaving not Normal during PV Production

Good day

I am Having problems with my easy solar 48/5000's Smart Solar MPPT.

The setup is ESS - Keep batteries charged with a ET112 Grid Meter.

As per the graph below(which are of today and yesterday ) the pv production follows the consumption graph as it should a produces power as expected . All of a sudden the MPPT PV Production starts behaving not normally as indicated in red on the graphs below . I was present both days and there was no cloud cover at all.

I have went to great effort in checking all connections of each PV panel as well all fuse connections from the array's and could not pick up anything. It seems that the communication between the CCGX and the MPPT is causing the trouble but it seems to be difficult to trouble shoot the problem .

I have Contacted my distributor for assistance. But it seems they have not got the answers.

I would really appreciate some assistance if I can get some direction in what could cause this .

The client starts jumping up and down , as they are loosing production and their investment seems to be at risk

Regards

Johannes Cronje

smart solar set-up help
21 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Johannes Cronje

Please also tell us:

-off-grid / on-grid

-what (kind of) batteries

-feed-in allowed or not

-DVCC

-??

0 Likes 0 ·
johannes-cronje avatar image johannes-cronje Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

HI @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

ON GRID

4 x 12V 200AH Backup Batteries

DVCC Enable

0 Likes 0 ·
johannes-cronje avatar image johannes-cronje Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Feed in NOT allowed

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ johannes-cronje commented ·

Hi @Johannes Cronje

do you also have a graph of the DC voltage / VE.bus state?

Could it be that the battery reaches float voltage, therefor reducing needed power?

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

Would it help if I provide you with the site Name or VRM ID for you to have access to al the info ?

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

See below Graphs that I took from today - Site Name is Chris Lourens VRM ID 7c38665a5fa4.

I have enlarge todays section which started acting not normal after it has stabilized again

Graphs as requested hope it is the right ones

Regards

Apologies. Just to indicated the VE BUS state over the whole coarse of today as well

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ johannes-cronje commented ·

It looks pretty normal to me:

-MPPT tries to keep battery voltage stable

-loads vary, thus loading the battery

-DC voltage stays stable during this part.

What does look worrying to me:

-the voltage spikes around 9:30 and 10:30, is it a lithium battery that disconnects or?

0 Likes 0 ·

Daniel

The batteries are to be kept full at all times - ESS-Keep Batteries charged, and the PV must be used to supplement the loads at all times . Below are two Attachments indicating the Consumption Load curve with the PV Production curve on the 9th October

Have a look at the RED circulated section where the PV Production ramps up as the loads gets switched on - Around 9:45 the loads drop so as the PV production curve. AT 10:23 loads came on again , so does the PV Production ramp up .

In The BLUE circulated section there was n small drop in LOAD around around 11:31 and the PV production follow suit.The loads came on again but THIS is where the PV Production struggles to ramp up again. As indicated it jumps up and down as if it does not know what to do . At around 12:27 the PV production as normalized to where it is suppose to be as the loads was constant above the PV Production curve .

The black circulated section : The PV Production curve followed its normal route but there was two drops in the Production for now reason at all as the loads continued to be constant and above the PV Production curve .Just after around 14:00 the total Load dropped and the PV production acted accordingly

The Biggest problem is the Blue circulated area where the PV Production should have been maximised but could not produce power due to reasons not known. I was on site when this happened. It was almost as if there was a issue between the CCGX and the MPPT . The MPPT was supposed to Open up on Production but something was throttling the production on the MPPT.

I will do a second reply with the Consumption and PV Production curve of the following day the 10th October

0 Likes 0 ·
capture-curve-2.jpg (80.6 KiB)
Show more comments

Daniel

There are no Lithium batteries. Normal 12V lead acid in 48V Configuration for backup purpose

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
1 Answer
johannes-cronje avatar image
johannes-cronje answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic