question

Devaughn Tyler avatar image
Devaughn Tyler asked

Victron 100/20 no history

I was showing the phases of my charging now it doesn't show anything

error
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Devaughn Tyler avatar image Devaughn Tyler commented ·

When u click the day it doesn't pull anything up like it used to

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ Devaughn Tyler commented ·

I suspect you have a blown fuse or dodgy connection.

Also is the "charger enabled"?

Panel Vmp seems a little low (Batt voltage +5v rule), what panels do you have?

0 Likes 0 ·
Devaughn Tyler avatar image Devaughn Tyler klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Only 1 100w renogy I just plugged in one panel just to test the controller out for a week before I added the rest just in case yes charger enabled and it's cool no overheating

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Devaughn Tyler commented ·

You will need to connect a second panel in series with the first for the system to work. The single panel voltage is not high enough to charge the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
Devaughn Tyler avatar image Devaughn Tyler Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

So 2 panels in series .? (2)12v 100w for 24v?

Im only putting power into one 137ah SLA 12v battery

Is that ok?

0 Likes 0 ·
8 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Devaughn Tyler, there's not really any such thing as a "12v panel" (with the exception of the dash-mount ones that you plug straight into your cigarette lighter to keep your battery topped off, and even those are sitting around 14v)

Your Renogy panel is putting out between 15 and 20v on a good day, which makes it suitable for a 12v battery bank, but does not make it a 12v panel. Connecting two in series should net you between 30 and 40v into the MPPT, which is well within its parameters (it can take 100v of PV input). The controller will take the high voltage and low amperage being generated by your panels and turn it into low voltage/high amperage (up to 20A) to charge your battery... so yes, you'll be good with a second panel in series.

The problem appears to be that your PV voltage is never getting high enough to initialize the controller, thus there's no history. The controller needs to see battery voltage +>5v to turn on, so if your battery is sitting relatively full at 12.5v, the controller won't even turn on until your panel is generating >17.5v, which it's failing to do under current conditions. Thus, by adding a second panel wired in series, you're increasing panel voltage and ensuring that the controller turns on and starts charging sooner, and under less-than-ideal conditions.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi D. This looks like a brand-spanking-new installation, but please advise if it isn't.

In the middle of the night it's likely 'dormant', and awaiting a new day to lock in yesterday's figures. It doesn't know the time (despite you seeing it on your phone), and will determine by itself a 'solar midnight' when it experiences another sunrise.

If this scenario fits, just be patient, and all should magically appear when it sees a new day..

2 |3000

Devaughn Tyler answered ·

New day still no data

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

There's no harvest here today because your battery is already full. The MPPT needs batt voltage +>5v to turn on, and your battery voltage (lowest) was sitting at 12.79v, and your single Renogy panel was only generating 17.74v, which is <5v, so your controller never initialized, thus why you have no history for this day.

0 Likes 0 ·

It used to show then it just stopped I checked all my connections it is the simplest install u can run no fuses or breakers just panel to pv battery to battery

2 |3000

I upgraded to this I was running a renogy wanderer with no issues

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If you just installed the MPPT and cleaned the history (0kWh lifetime total) it can't show more then today, just wait a few days.

The MPPT don't have a build-in real time clock. So it starts a new day when PV-voltage rises again after it was low.

1 comment
2 |3000

Devaughn Tyler avatar image Devaughn Tyler commented ·

It's just started not recording I have had it a week before it was showing me day by day all the phases of charging I reset it the other day because it wasn't showing

0 Likes 0 ·

When I get home around 23:00 I check to see if I have the history and today I can see yesterday's history but cannot see todays

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Today just started and I think there was no sun in the night, so let the sun rise and wait till noon ... :)

0 Likes 0 ·

It used to do this but I Will attach my other panel and see but why did it work before?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic