question

artyb avatar image
artyb asked

Internal measurement accuracy

Hi,

Is there any information about the accuracy of internal voltage and current measurements of the PV and load output (if present)?

Ta,

A

chargervoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@artyb, I'm assuming that you're asking this question about MPPTs? From personal experience, Victron's MPPTs are generally within a few hundredths of a volt of perfectly accurate, at which level of measurement one can begin to question the accuracy of any device; I use my Fluke as my primary DMM and take it on faith that it is accurate, and from there I determine that most MPPTs I see cross my test bench are within a few hundredths.

Of course, one expects to see some variation in battery voltage measured at the battery and battery voltage measured at the MPPT terminals, since there is frequently a degree of voltage loss along the way, depending on cable run length and any devices in between such as breakers or fuses that may add minuscule levels of resistance.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

artyb avatar image
artyb answered ·

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your answer based on your experience. I was hoping that someone from Victron would give some official specs though. I'd probably have to use stand alone sensors if the internal ones are of unspecified accuracy.

Cheers,
A

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic