question

Matt Digan avatar image
Matt Digan asked

Multiplus 2712 Firmware Update Problem

Trying to update my multi from 2712413 to 2712465 but I cannot get it to connect in VE Flash. I follow all of the steps but it fails to connect after turning back on. If it helps, I'm using a Macbook Pro running Windows natively via Bootcamp & an MK3. No issues connecting and programming in VE Configure.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerfirmware update
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matt Digan avatar image Matt Digan commented ·

Oddly, after a few more unsuccessful attempts with VE Flash on different computers, I tried again with Connect on my Android phone. After failing to connect to the Multiplus it gave me the option to "Force" update the device to 2712460, which worked perfectly. For some reason, I still can't go to 465, which is the latest available on Victron Professional. It doesn't really matter, as the features I was after are now available.

TLDR: I have no idea why or how but it eventually worked!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, could you try with VictronConnect? Its replacing VEFlash. You can run it on your Mac natively in MacOS, no need for bootcamp or things like that.

Hope that works for you! Matthijs

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matt Digan avatar image Matt Digan commented ·

Thanks for the response. I wish I could, but I need firmware 415 or newer to use Connect and I'm on 413

0 Likes 0 ·