question

wesg8 avatar image
wesg8 asked

How do I connect a blue solar mppt 150/70 to a venus gx

Hi there,

I need to remotely monitor an existing solar power system that powers a radio repeater station. The repeater station is connected to internet. I have bought a Venus gx to connect the solar system to the net. Having difficulty connecting the GX to the blue solar mppt 150/70 charger. I’ve tried using the VE Can dongles between the charger and GX but no luck. Any suggestions?

MPPT ControllersVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

The BlueSolar MPPTs come in two version, the majority sold now are the VE.direct type.

Also available is the VE.Can type, this one has a screen and buttons on the front.

This connectivity is universal across all Venus-devices. See the MPPT section of this manual.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I'm not sure what you mean by "Dongles"?
To connect the VE.Can devices, all you need is a normal UTP cable (network cable) to connect a VE.Can MPPT to the VenusGX. You must use the terminators on each end otherwise it won't work. The MPPT will have been supplied with a pair of terminators.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic