question

klug avatar image
klug asked

Quattro in France

Hello all.

I'm currently working on the design of our new house.
It will have solar panels, SmartSolar MPPT, batteries (Leaf?) and it seems the Quattro is the inverter to use (two AC in, batteries, 10kW, no feed in if required). All of that with the Color Control GX.

However the Quattro is not validated for France as it's not VDE 126-1-1 compliant (yet?)

So in order to be allowed to use it, I will have to add a VDE 126-1-1 compliant voltage controller (such as an Enya from Tele) and a relay to cut of the house from the grid.

Once I have such a controller, how should I setup the Quattro so it knows grid is out but it can still deliver AC (out of PV or batteries)?

grid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
klug avatar image
klug answered ·

Considering what I read lately (since the question), I might change the way it's set up.
Using a PV inverter (Fronius) in a AC-coupled design seems to be a better/easier way (a bit more expensive).

Quattro and VDE 126-1-1 is still an issue.
I've seen some ESS screenshots that show that "France UTE" can be selected as country code. Does this mean Quattro become VDE 126-1-1 compliant when used in ESS (even if there's no certificate for it)?

I found out that Victron had an anti-islanding solution in its catalog: RCD000300200.
Anyone using it?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Klug

Using a Quattro with feed-in you'll need an external anti-islanding solution in some (most?) countries.

0 Likes 0 ·
perma-batteries avatar image
perma-batteries answered ·

Select VDE ARN 4105, and add an external UFR Zielh 1001E configured with VFR2019 (now supported).

2 |3000

perma-batteries avatar image
perma-batteries answered ·

Oui nous les utilisons en ESS, comme je vous le disait il faut les configurer en ARN4105 et mettre un double relais de découplage VFR2019 ZIELH UFR1001

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic